B2C has taken the social media segment by storm. Social Media is a great platform for any company to market itself to the consumer and be in constant touch with the potential customers as well as the actual customers. But this has always been the case and holds true (according to many people/marketers) for B2C where the business is propagating to the final consumer. But many believe that it does not hold true for B2B marketing where one company propagates and lures another company and not an individual. Well, B2B has lagged behind in terms of social media marketing but is fast catching up on the trend and many B2B companies are now joining social media to get connected to their “clients and customers”.
• Search engine a great place for most companies to find out about other companies, competitors, possible clients etc. Same holds true for B2B companies. The initial research is always the web! Then, why not social media? It is via SEO and social media marketing that a company can feature on the first page of the organic search. Thus, building up your presence on appropriate social media is a great idea!
• After B2B marketers are convinced that they need to be on the social media market, the next step is to decide which all platforms are necessary for them. Start with building a great and informative website which has a beautiful landing page, has many pictures of your products and services with detail about each, make some more pages which are relevant to your company and have a section for blogs. Blogs are a great way to drive the correct traffic to your website and increase awareness!
• Next, select special media platforms. Everything from a Face book page, Twitter account, Pinterest profile or a LinkedIn account can be useful. It totally depends what the products and services are. If your main business is to provide industrial catering (to offices, schools, universities etc.), then connecting with your audience is a must. A Facebook page which showcases all your events is a great idea. A Pinterest page with pictures of your food and special catering will drive the right traffic to your website!
• Social media and digital marketing is all about engaging your audience. Post contests and fun things and constantly reply and comment to your fans and followers. This will keep them engaged and convert them into loyal customers!
• Lastly, strategize and focus. No need to be all over the internet. Have a goal and strategize accordingly!